These delicious appetizers will be a hit at any event! They can be prepared in advanced and cooked prior to guest arrival.
- 8 each Campari tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Basil leaves, fresh shredded
- 4 each Garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 2/3 teaspoon Salt, Kosher
- 1 2/3 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp Black pepper, ground
- Slice off stem end, core & remove seeds from inside of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle inside of each tomato with salt, place upside down on paper towel and let sit to remove moisture, about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Mince Garlic and shred basil leaves
- Mix bread crumbs 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Parmesan, basil, garlic, and pepper in bowl
- Take paper towels and pat inside of each tomato to completely dry
- Place tomatoes in single layer on baking dish. Brush top cut edges of tomatoes with teaspoons of olive oil.
- Stuff tomatoes (about 1/4 cup per tomato) with bread crumb mix.
- Heat pan and add olive oil
- Drizzle tomatoes with remaining olive oil
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes
Chef D Allen