HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO COME!!
It is a fun time for all ages with DELICIOUS CANDY! As always when food is being consumed, please keep Safety FIRST! Here are a few tips for you and your loved ones to have a Safe & Happy Halloween!
- Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, check the label to ensure the allergen isn’t present. Do not allow the child to eat any home-baked goods he or she may have received.
- Snacking: Give your child a good meal before trick-or-treating to prevent them from snacking on candy and treats. Urge them to wait until they get home before eating them and let you inspect the treats in their bags.
- Safe treats: Tell children not to accept – and especially not to eat – anything that isn’t commercially wrapped. Inspect commercially wrapped treats for signs of tampering, such as an unusual appearance or discoloration, tiny pinholes, or tears in wrappers. Throw away anything that looks suspicious.
- Choking Prevention: Parents of very young children should remove any choking hazards such as gum, peanuts, hard candies or small toys.
- Other Activities: Consider providing non-food treats for children that visit your home, such as coloring and activity books.
- Unpasteurized: juice or cider can contain harmful bacteria such as Salmonella. To stay safe, always serve pasteurized products at your parties.
- Raw: Don't taste raw cookie dough or cake batter that contain uncooked eggs
- Perishable foods: Keep all foods chilled until serving time. These include finger sandwiches, cheese platters, fruit or tossed salads, cold pasta dishes with meat, poultry, or seafood, and cream pies or cakes with whipped-cream and cream-cheese frostings. Don’t leave perishable goodies out of the fridge for more than two hours (one hour in temperatures above 90°F).
- Bobbing for Apples: It's a favorite Halloween game. Reduce the number of bacteria that might be present on apples and other raw fruits and vegetables by thoroughly rinsing them under cool running water. As an added precaution, use a produce brush to remove surface dirt.
Visit D' Versatile Caramel treats to enjoy for Halloween! Purchase by October 27, 2017.