RECIPE OF THE MONTH
~Chef D's delicious recipe to start off the Spring Season~
Strawberry Spinach Salad
9 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
1 package fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon feta cheese
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Combine the vinegar, honey and salt in a medium bowl; slowly whisk in olive oil until combined. Stir in basil and set aside or refrigerate.
- Rinse strawberries and dry with paper towl, cut in quarters and set aside
- Rince spinach, dry the leaves and set aside.
- Place almonds in pan on medium heat and toast until lightly brown fragnant.
- Combine the spinach, strawberries, ¼ cup vinaigrette dressing in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Top with feta, almonds and pepper.
- Store remaining dressing, covered, in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
"Enjoy & Bon Appetit"
Chef D Allen